Canobie Lake Park
PO Box 190
Salem, New Hampshire 03079
This park opened in 1902 as a street car (railway) amusement facility.
Rides and Pastimes...
The Yankee Cannonball (1930)
This ride was originally built for Lakewood Park in Waterbury,
Connecticut by the Philadelphia Toboggan Company. It was purchased and
moved by Canobie Lake in 1936. This out-and-back style woodie is nearly
2000 feet long with a first drop of about 63 feet. The ride lasts almost
two minutes and has a top speed of about 35 miles per hour. In 1954, the
first hill was demolished by Hurricane Carol (though it was repaired).
In 1976, a fire destroyed the station. This classic coaster was once
proclaimed by the late John Allen as the smoothest riding of his day.
Canobie Corkscrew (1975)
This ride was designed by Arrow Dynamics and had originally operated in
Old Chicago and the Alabama State Fair. It was moved to the park in
Copyright © 1996-2002 Russell M. Van Tassell
All Rights Reserved.